A coastal town in the farthest north-western part of Istria, 8 km north of Umag. Economy is based on farming. One of the greenest parts of Istria (forests), featuring valuable small parks. Savudrija is located on a regional road (Sveti Mihovil - Savudrija - Umag - Buje) and connected with the main road.
The town was first mentioned in 1177. The church of St. John Apostle from 9th century is another architectonic memory rebuild in year 1826. Savudrija is an old fishermen's village and tourist resort, is the entrance to the Riviera of Umag. The lighthouse (high 36 m) is located on the cape with same name. This is the most beautiful lighthouse in Adriatic sea.